Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat





For Halloween this year we found this really cute Strawberry costume for Maddie. So I thought Abbey could go as Strawberry Shortcake. Easy right? Not so much! The Strawberry Shortcake I grew up with was super easy to make as a costume, but his new one has such a weird hat. We looked and looked and finally found a new Strawberry Shortcake costume online for only $27.00. I was going to order it when my Mom said that I could make it for so much cheaper. Well I totally fought her on it and then decided she was probably right. So I ordered the pattern, $6.75, then spent a whole day at Jo'anns and Hancock fabric getting the perfect fabric, $27.65, plus the Rolo candy that Abbey opened and started eating while I was paying! Man, it cost more to make it and I wasn't even making the pants!!!!! So now I was out $34.40 and I still had to make the dang on thing. I was so mad! Well I did it, I made her shirt and hat ALL BY MYSELF! I am so happy and I thanked my Mom for forcing me to make this costume. We had a great Halloween, it was a beautiful day. We went to trunk or treat at the Church and then came home and went trick or treating with new friends, Kevin, Nicole and Noah Smith. We had fun and the kids were all pooped out at the end of the night.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW! Im totally impressed! I dont have a sewing machine. You are good!

Anne Marie said...

That is such a great idea! The girls look so adorable! Good job!

Jackson 3 said...

GOOD JOB!! turned out so cute!! I love the costumes!!!

melissa gargalis said...

Brenda that is so AWESOME!! You made clothing-a shirt! Holy crap. I need to get sewing. I have only ever attempted a robe-and that was for the one class I took. Your girls are adorable, super cute idea.

Cindy said...

Brenda,
You did such a great job on the costumes! Be proud! They look soooo cute and adorable!

Anonymous said...

Dude, the picture of abby by herself looks just like you, crazy...were you that when you where little or was i? cant remember, any way they look so adorable.

Kim said...

I'm impressed! So cute...they are just so dang adorable! Yay for you and Yay for them!

Meghan said...

I am so impressed with you!!! You move away and now look, you are making clothes! Amazing!!!

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

Way to go Brenda!! The girls look so cute!!