Thursday, November 6, 2008

Our new friend Johanna




Yesterday we watched some children from the ward, they also live down the street. Kim their Mom is one of my Visiting Teachers and a new friend. Kim has 6 kids and her two youngest are the ones we watched their names are Joe and Hanna. Abbey calls them Johanna. I guess there is no time to waste when you're playing so might as well cut out the "and". We had so much fun. I was very worried because Abbey is very possessive of "her" toys. We talked about them visiting and playing with her toys and how it is nice to share with friends that visit. I was just worried that it hadn't sunken in. So Wednesday Joe and Hannah came over and let me just tell you, it was heaven. Hannah and Abbey are the same age they were so cute. Abbey pulled Hannah right over to her dress up box, she said I'm going to be Aurora and you can be Cinderella. WOW I was shocked! NOBODY and I mean nobody can touch Cinderella! Auntie Mastissa (Melissa) gave her that! She even let her wear the crown and...the glass slippers. I was so proud. Joe is 5 and he decided that he wanted to play to so he dressed up too. When I called his name he let me know that he was not Joe...he was now Josephina. I think Maddie has a little crush on Joe because she followed him around all morning! We are so glad that Johanna will be back next week, we can't wait for more fun :0)

7 comments:

Heidi said...

thats hilarious! I love it! and for a boy to want to be a girl... even more funny! Sounds like you are making new friends fast!

melissa gargalis said...

so fun. I am so glad you are making friends already. Now you have someone to kid swap with-except that she has 6...well maybe just playdates?...=) And so glad Abbey is sharing.

Meghan said...

I am so glad your family has adjusted! You seem so happy!

Kim said...

I am the lucky one here!! Imagine going to work and not worrying even one little bit..that's what I have!! Thanks so much Brenda...you are a Godsend!!! I'm so glad you moved here...even though I know how hard it is to be so far from home!

Kim said...

Oh, and Johannah loves it at your house more than you know!! LOL

Cindy said...

The pictures are so cute! "Johanna" I love that! Kids are so cute! It sounds like they have a lot of fun together! That is just awesome!

Margaret Graham said...

That's too funny, I laughed so hard!!
We miss them!
Give them our love!
They are growing up!