Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Ballerina is Back

Abbey has started Ballet class again. She was so excited, she asked every day to go to ballet. So we found a rec. center here in Lincoln that taught dance. We made paper chains and each day Abbey got to pull a chain until the first day of ballet. She loved counting down the days and would tell anyone who would listen, "3 more days...i pull the chain then 3 more days till ballet!" The class is wonderful! I have to say I am very suprised and very impressed!!! I was a bit bummed to have to sign her up at a rec. center instead of a dance studio, but money is very tight, and ballet is ballet...right? So we signed her up and let me just tell you, that the teacher is wonderful. The studio they dance in has a bar and the room is huge!!!! There are maybe 10-12 little girls all Abbey's age in the class. All the girls are so cute and seem so excited to be dancing. They are being taught the names of positions and bends and jumps and do a lot of creative learning with the dance moves. Here are some pictures and videos of Abbey dancing. Doesn"t she look adorable????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soooo cute I cant wait to put Sariah in something like that. What is up with the one girl who just stood in the middle of the floor LOL cute.By the way I got your vm thanks for the info.

Can

Kim said...

What a cutie pie! I didn't know they taught them so young! I should put Hannah in!

melissa gargalis said...

holy cuteness!!! little ballerinas. Oh for a little girl.

Cindy said...

What a cute set of videos for a cute little girl!!! Hannah came in when I was looking at your blog and she said "play it, play it.!!! She so badly wants to take a class like that!!!