Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My apple

When I have the Schafer kids Abbey, Joe and Hannah do a project while Maddie naps. They look forward to it all day long...well except poor Maddie who wants to be a big kid too! So yesterday we decorated a Christmas tree with stickers I was helping Abbey and Hannah take the backs off the stickers and giving the stickers to them and then, I looked at what Abbey was doing with her tree. Oh the pride! The excitement! The JOY!!! This is the Best Christmas Present anyone could have ever given me. Abbey was sorting her stickers and placing them together in a pattern...who does that remind you of???? Her OCD Mom of course!!!! I love to group things, have them match and be organized. I've seen her do this before but in a smaller scale. When Mike leaves the silverware drawer a bit open, she runs by it and closes it without a thought. When Mike or my mom put a pink sippy cup lid on her purple cup she asks "why you do dat?" So now I can see that she might not look just like me, but the apple does not fall far from the tree. Abigail Mae Scarlett December 16, 2008

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow!!! She is a sorter! and likes things nice and neat...I love that you do those projects with my kids and they love love love it!! Abbie's looks so nice! My kids take after me..they are NOT sorters. LOL

Anonymous said...

Yes that is SO you Brenda your closet!!! LOL cute story!

Cindy said...

Wow, she did an amazing job on her tree! You are so funny.....aren't we all a little OCD about something!