Friday, May 14, 2010

Family updates

Well it seems as though March, April and a bit of May have just flown by. So much has happened that I haven't been able to keep up!

In March Maddie turned 3. She is so glad to be 3 and tells everyone she sees that she is 3!!! She also insists on getting everything in 3's, 3 kisses, 3 candies, 3 songs, etc. Let's hope this doesn't continue as she gets older. It could get so expensive!

Presents!!!
Abbey helping to make Maddie's Cake


Mike and I had out 5 year anniversary on March 12th. We wanted to have an extra special and expensive anniversary but due to reality we had a wonderful time right here in Lincoln. We had sushi and saw a Alice in Wonderland in 3D.

I turned the big 3-5 in April. It's all down hill form here :) Mike surprised me by having my mom take the girls overnight. We again had Sushi and the went to a movie. We saw Date Night. It was so funny, if you haven't seen this movie YOU HAVE TO! We stayed out till 11:30 and didn't have to hurry home to a sitter!!! Then we slept in till 10am!!! Ahhhhh!

In April we put Abbey and Maddie in Gymnastics. They had fun tumbling and walking on their toes and practicing cartwheels. Their favorite move was the Candle Stick. You put both hands on top on your head palm to palm and hop until you reach the end of the strip.
Their last day was May 8th we signed them up for another session, since it was such a success!

For Easter this year we met up with some friends from church and had a little Easter egg hunt at Pioneers Park.

Abbey is getting ready to graduated from preschool and move on to Kindergarten. Her teacher says that she is well prepared for Kindergarten. We asked Ms. Summer what we should work on with her and they said nothing she knows all she needs to. So we are working on teaching her to tie her shoes. Ms Summer said that she is the only one in the class that after counting 12 items, if you then ask her how many items are there she says 12. I was like duh...but Ms Summer says this is a big deal cause all the other kids will start counting the items again and then say 12. My little genius :)

Mike is finishing up he 2nd to last quarter at school. He starts his last quarter on June 7th...YAY!!! Now starts the job search!!!

We are also expecting! We should have a brand new Scarlett Girl by September 1st. That's right, you read it correctly, ANOTHER GIRL!!! The girls are excited and are always kissing my tummy. Abbey asks me EVERYDAY, "how many more days till the baby is all grown and comes out of your tummy??"

Here's some fun that Mike and girls had recently, at a safety show in Lincoln:


Abbey?? oh no a true Scarlett after all!
Abbey escaping from a pretend "smoke house"

4 comments:

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

I was so excited to see on my blog roll that you had an update!! It looks like you guys are doing so great.

Congratulations on another girl!! I am SUPER excited for you!

I think that Mike should look for jobs out here! ;) That would be my only wish!! Wouldn't it be fun if you lived here???

Anonymous said...

Fun update I have been wanting to get Sariah into a tumbling class or something like that. I think I will for sure now that I see your girls love it so much.

Glad you are all doing so well take care!
Candy

Heidi said...

dont you just love those expensive anniversary trips... or dates! we are hitting 5 years in december and are hoping to go on a cruise! we will see if we can save!
and congrats on the new baby girl. names?

Anne Marie said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! That's so exciting!