Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Me, my Man and a Dump Truck

Tonight Mike is working super late so I offered to bring him dinner and he asked if I wanted to go for a ride. I got to see what he does everyday.
First the trucks all line up and wait to get Loaded with Concrete. When the Concrete hits the bed of the truck it feels like your smack dab in the middle of a big 'ol earthquake! Then they take off and get on the Interstate (that's a Freeway for all you Cali folks). Then cut into the middle of the Instate do a U-turn then drive forever (okay maybe not forever..but i had to pee and it was a dirt road!!!)
Then they back up into the machine that they dump the concrete onto. The machine has a little conveyor belt that drops the concrete onto the ground.

Then, they drive back on the bumpy drit road and down the side of the freeway, to go back to the yard and get more Concrete. Yup in those big trucks with all that weight behind them they go down this hill...SCARY!!!
But no worries, my Mans a pro! He Drives Truck, and he's pretty good at it too :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You are a brave woman for getting in that truck. I would just trust Mike and take his word for it.

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

How fun! And I love the name of this post. :)

Shane and Carrie said...

Brenda-I just found your blog! My goodness it has been a long time. I must of got married right before you. It looks like life is going great for you. Let's keep in touch!
Carrie

Sean, Jen, Carson and Addie said...

Happy Birthday, Brenda!!