Thursday, February 5, 2009

My perfect day

There are very few things in this world that I live for. One of them is getting my teeth cleaned. I know, weird huh!!! But I absolutely love it. I look forward to it, I crave it, I need it. So every 6 months when it's my day to get my teeth cleaned I am the happiest person in the world. The last year with all that we have been though we have not had insurance and I have missed 2, count them 1, 2 cleanings!!!! That's a whole year with uncleaned teeth. I was totally dying. So today I had my initial dentist appointment. I was to see the dentist, have him check out my teeth, get a full set of x-rays and then schedule an appointment for a cleaning. I had waited so long just to see the dentist I was happy just to start the process. While I was having my check up I mentioned to the assistant that I really just wanted my teeth cleaned. Well guess what!!! She checked and there had been a cancellation for today I could come back and get a cleaning. Luckily my friend Kim was watching the girls (we did a swap) so I had the whole day free!! I had a couple of hours to spare so I went to Michael's, my most favorite place in the world and took my time running a few other errands. Then it was time for the wonderfulness to happen. Now I have sore gums and slimy shiny teeth!!! Yeah me! Thanks Kim I needed this day...oh and by the way the girls were asleep by 7:30, what more could a mom ask for. I think I'll end this perfect day with a nice long soak in the tub with my book (I am finally reading Twilight, and it's so good). Ahhhhhhhhhh.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Yay for you and for your lovely pearly whites! Glad I could help!

Heidi said...

You are so funny! I havent had a cleaning so way too long!

Jackson 3 said...

Lol...I love the pic of your pearly whites!! I love that you love to get your teeth cleaned, but I agree it does feel oh so good when they are all clean!! I was just telling Deon last night I NEED my teeth cleaned. W/ braces, I swear you need it done every 3 months instead!

melissa gargalis said...

Love having dental insurance, we should be getting ours next week-yeah!!! Glad you're reading Twilight. They are so addicting!

lance n sarah said...

your a lucky girl. Man I need to find a friend to take my kids for a whole day. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't had my teeth cleaned in 4 years. (no insurance sucks, especially when you have to have a root canal and pay cash). Goooo twilight. I'm hopefully gonna finish the fourth book on my plane trip to and from Utah in a couple weeks

Halverstadtfamily said...

I just started reading your blog and I love it!!! As I was reading this post I kept thinking "THAT'S TOTALLY ME!!" I had to show it to my husband to prove that I'm not the only teeth cleaning nerd!
Love bunches~
Sheena H

Luther Towler said...

You are right, Brenda. Teeth cleaning is actually very important if you want to keep your mouth healthy. It's not enough that you just brush and floss after every meal, as most assume. Regular visits to the dentist are needed, too. It's nice to know that there are still adults who care for their teeth that much. Kudos to you!